For diagnoses of adenoma and prostatitis, complex treatment is indicated. A man's therapy regimen includes drugs of different composition and release form. It is recommended to undergo the course of treatment after a complete examination. Acute and chronic inflammation is treated with different medications. The list of remedies is selected taking into account the symptoms displayed. Any medication for prostatitis in men should be taken as directed by a urologist.
Signs and risk factors of inflammation of the prostate
The inflammatory process in the prostate gland is often diagnosed in young and older men.
Treatment is carried out after determining the cause of the disease. Most often, the pathology is caused by a bacterial infection. Pharmacological therapy helps achieve remission by relieving acute pain. Doctors advise taking medications from the moment the first signs of illness appear, such as:
- difficulty urinating;
- weakened immune system;
- jerks, stabbing pain in the groin, pubis, perineum.
Considering the type and etiology, prostatitis can cause a burning sensation during intercourse, pain during bowel movements, the release of white secretions, and an increase in body temperature. The therapy is carried out after compiling a list of pills for prostatitis. Its action is aimed at suppressing the manifested symptoms. An individual list of medications is selected for each patient.
Self-administration or lack of therapy can lead to serious complications, such as infertility, impotence, inflammation in other systems, dysfunction of the genitourinary organs, cancer.
Medicines to fight prostatitis
Medicines for prostatitis in men are prescribed taking into account the age, stage and form of the disease. For the treatment of the prostate in modern medicine, tablets, capsules, injections, suppositories, ointments, gels, oils are used.
If the disease is detected in the early stages, therapy is carried out at home. To get rid of the complications of prostatitis, a man is treated in a hospital.
Ways to release drugs that eliminate the disease:
- Tablets and capsules. In pharmaceuticals, these forms differ in structure. The tablets have a dense consistency and the capsules have a gelatinous coating with the medicine inside. The products considered must be taken before meals, during or after meals.
- Injection solutions. The liquid form of the drug is administered intravenously or intramuscularly. An improvement in the condition is observed quickly, as the active components of the drug are delivered to the focus of inflammation.
- Suppositories. An effective method of eliminating the disease. Furthermore, rectal therapy consists of the simultaneous antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and pain-relieving effects on the body. Suppositories are injected into the rectum. It is preliminary recommended that the patient lie on their side. The therapeutic course lasts 10 days.
- Instillations. The medicine is administered through the urethra with a catheter. Treatment is carried out only in a hospital with the help of medical personnel.
- Microclysters. The basis of drugs in this way are herbal decoctions, which have an anti-inflammatory effect. Microclysters are included in the scheme of a comprehensive fight against inflammation. They are also used to prevent prostatitis.
Drug groups and their representatives
Taking into account the manifested symptoms, neglect of inflammation and other factors, the urologist prescribes a course of treatment. To choose effective remedies, the patient is recommended to undergo laboratory tests. Based on the results obtained, the type of pathogen is determined. By examining the blood, specific antibodies against the microorganism are detected. The duration of therapy depends on the form and neglect of the disease. In case of individual intolerance to some components, an allergy develops that requires an urgent replacement of the drug with its analog.
List of pharmacological groups of drugs to eliminate prostatitis:
The action of antibiotics aims to eliminate the causative agent of the disease. Medications in this group are indicated for reception if the prostate becomes inflamed due to a bacterial infection. Most often, men are prescribed medications of the following classes:
To relax the smooth muscle tissue of the gland, facilitate urine output, eliminate congestion, the patient is prescribed alpha blockers. They suppress the activity of neurons that cause uncontrolled contraction of the muscles of the internal organs.
It is recommended to treat prostatitis in men with NSAID pills. At the same time, such funds have an antispasmodic effect. They quickly stop signs of inflammation, decreasing the muscle tone of the organ and perineum.
With an exacerbation of the process, the patient is treated with hormonal agents. They reduce swelling by normalizing urine production. Prostatitis can be treated with herbal remedies. They increase immune defenses by reducing inflammation, swelling, pain, and discomfort.
Antibiotics, analgesics and alpha-blockers
If the pathology is caused by bacteria, it can cure a man with broad-spectrum antibiotics. They destroy various types of pathogens, preventing inflammation from spreading to other organs.
Urologists advise using suppositories, as they quickly relieve pain, eliminating other symptoms of the inflammatory process in the gland. Systemic exposure is typical for injection solutions. In the context of its use, immunity increases, male strength is restored.
If the lower abdomen hurts badly, pain relievers are indicated. There are drugs with different degrees of effect, depending on the name of the active ingredient.
To improve urine flow by relaxing the muscles of the urethra and bladder, a man is prescribed alpha blockers. Medications in this group are taken in a long course. Its action is not aimed at fighting prostatitis, but at eliminating the clinical picture of the inflammatory process. The disease may be accompanied by stagnation of blood in the pelvis and small legs. To normalize the work of the circulatory system, the patient is prescribed venotonic medications.
Phytopreparations, non-steroids and other drugs
Healing herbs increase weak immunity, preventing stagnation and the development of inflammation in the human body. Herbal remedies from pumpkin seeds, sabal and palm fruits are often included in the complex treatment of prostatitis.
Steroids and non-steroids are used to eliminate redness, pain, and edema. If NSAIDs are not effective, hormones are prescribed to the patient. Since steroids suppress immune function, they are not prescribed for HIV.
NSAIDs are safe medications with a minimal list of adverse reactions.
When taking NSAIDs, it is recommended to follow the advice of doctors. If prostatitis is acute, NSAIDs are drunk for up to 7 days. The therapy is carried out with caution in patients suffering from gastrointestinal diseases.
On the Internet, you can buy Chinese medicines for inflammation. Its price depends on the composition and the manufacturer. Not only do they help prevent prostatitis, but they also increase potency.
Effective Chinese remedies include:
- A drug based on the testicle and penis of a bull, deer antlers, lemongrass.
- A good erectile medicine that normalizes the functionality of blood vessels. It is indicated for admission if you feel a flaccid prostate gland. Its effect is observed for 72 hours.
Effective foreign medicines include a drug produced by Indonesia. It should be taken after reading the instructions and as recommended by doctors. The drug prevents not only prostatitis, but also urolithiasis.
There is also an Indian medicine indicated for use in the chronic course of inflammation. This is the right remedy for complications after prostate surgery.
To improve the quality of life for a man suffering from swollen glands, he is shown to take a herbal medication that grows in the Himalayas.
Properties of the drug:
Vitamin complexes and dietary supplements
To strengthen the immune system, it is recommended to take vitamins. If taken early in the manifestation of a cold, the development of urethritis, prostatitis and other complications can be prevented. An inexpensive way to fight inflammation is to take dietary supplements that have few side effects and contraindications.
BAA based on a pubescent decay, similar to a cat's paw with claws, its use is recommended in the following cases:
- with frequent trips to the bathroom;
- when the prostate hurts.
The single origin allows the plant to be used to relieve swelling and inflammation. A popular remedy quickly normalizes libido.
A supplement with zinc increases immunity by neutralizing the causative agent of prostatitis. It is often included in the treatment of the inflammatory process.
Urologists refer to homeopathy as modern methods of eliminating the disease. The therapy consists of the use of small doses of those drugs that, in large doses, cause symptoms of the disease in a healthy person.
Homeopathy is not prescribed at the same time as gland massage and other physical therapy methods.
At home, you can prepare decoctions for prostatitis, infusions, ointments, and gels. These products are not sold in stores and pharmacies. For its preparation, medicinal plants are used, including St. John's wort, tansy, rope, celandine, ginger, and pollen. Natural remedies include pumpkin seeds, honey, chicory, laundry soap, hop cones.
Effective home remedies for prostatitis:
- Black elderberry. The juice is prepared from it, which is recommended to drink in the morning for 1 tablespoon. l. The treatment lasts 10 days. An adverse reaction is an increase in body temperature, which is associated with the patient's recovery.
- Pumpkin seed powder. The raw materials are preliminary ground in a blender. The resulting flour is taken several times a day. The physician should present the therapy regimen to each patient individually. If the result of the treatment is poor, you should inform the urologist.
- Propolis-based tincture. The remedy is taken at the rate of 100 g of water for 40 drops of the drug.
- Bee pollen. To reduce tension in the perineum, improve blood circulation in the gland, normalizing general sexual activity, it is recommended to eat 2 teaspoons. Product three times a day. Pollen is constantly used to prevent recurrence.
- Hazelnut tincture. At 1 st. l. leave a glass of boiling water. After 30 minutes, the composition is filtered, taking ¼ glasses 4 times a day. Therapy lasts up to 1 week. It is recommended to prepare the hazelnut rind for longer than specified, due to its high degree of hardness. The medicine is prepared only with fresh ingredients.
- Parsley tincture. Green leaves, seeds and roots are used as raw materials. At 1 st. l. Plants will need 100 g of boiling water. After 24 hours, the drink is filtered and drunk.
In combination with home remedies, you can use compresses with anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relievers. A local anesthetic heals septic wounds by relieving low back and joint pain. In addition, a pomade with a heating effect is used, the manufacturer of which is Vietnam.
In modern urology, special devices are used to combat prostatitis:
- Works as a vibrating massager;
- Operation thanks to the variable vacuum;
- It acts on the gland with heat, magnetic field and vibration.
It is recommended to take medications for inflammation after a full diagnosis and as prescribed by a doctor. The list of drugs is selected taking into account the clinical manifestations and the condition of the man. Most patients do not believe in the effectiveness of dietary supplements. With a long and chronic process, supplements are ineffective.
If prostatitis continues with complications, complex therapy is indicated. Includes folk and medications, physiotherapy techniques. When an inoperable cancerous tumor is detected, the prognosis is negative.